Summary:First. Initial stretch
If you haven't done it when you bought the car, let's do it first. Pull hard with both hands, if ...
First. Initial stretch
If you haven't done it when you bought the car, let's do it first. Pull hard with both hands, if the brake is not tight enough, it will fall off. This can prevent the emergency brake from being pulled off the line too hard in the future, and it can also extend the new brake line slightly.
Second. Clearance adjustment
1. Clearance refers to the distance from when the brake lever is pulled until the brake starts to take effect. If it is too large, the response is slow, too small is not good, and it is uncomfortable. Just adjust it to feel comfortable when you pull it up. As the brake pads wear, the clearance will increase.
2. Adjust the adjustment knob on the handle
(1) Turn it out counterclockwise, and remember to lock the fixing screw of the outer ring to the end after adjustment
(2) However, it should not be turned to the level of almost rapid prolapse, so as to avoid the danger of shedding.
3. If the brake adjustment button has been adjusted to the limit, the brake cable must be tightened again
(1) Return the adjustment knob to its original position before pulling
(2) Loosen the screws
(3) Tighten the wire, and then tighten the screw
Third. The brakes are adjusted unilaterally
1. Looking up from below, the right side is too close and the left side is too far.
2. Adjust the screw on the v-clamp, and unscrew the side that is too far away. If there is an adjustment but the brake pad does not move, the other side must be rotated in the opposite direction.
3. This action sometimes needs to adjust the brake pads (the steps for changing the brake pads are the same, I will introduce it by changing the brake pads)
(1) Loosen the screws and remove the old brake pads. Remember the order of the washers. If you forget, take a look at the other wheels.
(2) Install new brake pads and try to get closer to the outer tires, but be careful not to grind them
Note: For standard brakes, after the skin is worn, the contact point between the brake skin and the rim will move down, so fine adjustment is required after a period of time.
(3) The brakes can be tightened, and then the screws can be tightened, so that it will not run away.
(4) If there is a sound when braking, it can be adjusted to a figure eight shape, that is, the gap between the rear side and the wheel flange is adjusted to about 1mm. You can find something to pad it, tighten the brake, and then lock it.
a. Normally parallel
b. There is a voice that can be tuned into a figure eight
1. Loosen the screw on the handle, but the handle of this car is quick-release and adjustable, so there is no need to move this screw
2. Correct → to maintain the extension line of the arm
3. Mistakes → level up, the wrist will be uncomfortable
Fifth. Width adjustment of the brake lever (not necessary)
1. The original car is mostly fitted
2. If you want to make the brake lighter, you can move it inward so that you will catch the end when you hold the brake
Sixth. Grip adjustment of the brake lever
1. Grip distance refers to the distance from the brake lever to the handle
2. People with small hands, or female friends or children, can adjust the grip distance smaller, but some cars do not have this device
Seventh. Brake line oil
1. Tighten the brake lever, expose the brake cable, spray it, it will become very smooth